Turkesterone has gained a lot of attention amongst the bodybuilding community, with users reporting accelerated muscle growth without any side effects. However, before taking this supplement you may want to know more information about what it is, what it actually does, how to run it, and understand the safety and legalities of this type of supplement.
What is Ajuga Turkestanica?
|Ajuga Turkestanica is a beautiful flowering plant that is local to Uzbekistan in Central Asia. It is the plant with the highest concentration of Turkesterone and has been used in traditional medicine in Uzbekistan for centuries. The Uzbekistans use the plant to cure a variety of diseases such as heart conditions, muscle aches, stomach aches and much more.
Research has shown that the 'Ajuga Turkestanica' has pharmacological effects such as: antibacterial, antidiabetic and indisputable evidence for muscle growth!
Turkesterone, the active substance, therefore ensures an enormous growth in muscle, strength and recovery capacity because it increases the protein synthesis in your muscle cells. This is the only plant in the world from which a standardized Turkesterone extract of 10% purity can be made.
What is Turkesterone?
Turkesterone is a vegan plant extract from the plant 'Ajuga Turkestanica', which is native to the central Asian countries of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. Turkesterone belongs to the group of Ecdysteroids. Ecdysteroids are naturally occurring steroid hormones from plants and insects. In insects, these hormones mainly play a role in moulting so that the insect can grow. In the plant, on the other hand, it mainly has the role of protecting the plant. It is an effective remedy against plant-eating insects and provides protection against parasites.
Unlike testosterone, ecdysteroids do not bind to androgen receptors, and therefore do not cause any steroidal side effects, such as gynecomastia and hair loss. Although stimulating different anabolic pathways to androgenic steroids, turkesterone seems to be the most anabolic (muscle building) out of all the ecysteriods.
The Medicinal Benefits of Ajuga Turkestanica
- Cell Regeneration - There have been numerous studies done on mice that showed Ajuga Turkestanica can assist with muscle cell regeneration and growth. (Article) They gave Ajuga to a controlled group of mice and provided it to them daily for 28 days. The triceps muscles were than analyzed after the 28 days and it was compared to the control group. The Ajuga Turkestanica was shown to have significantly more active Notch Signaling molecules which are used to stimulate satellite cells.
- Protein Stimulation - In a study done on mice Ajuga was given to the mice and was found that it would activate the protein biosynthesis in the liver. (Article)
- Muscle Growth - On a study done on mice with an extract of Ajuga it showed that after a 6 hour incubation time, the Ajuga had a potential to supple the muscle mass growth without the side effects of typical androgenic drugs. (Article)
- Has Adaptogenic (Stress-Fighting) Effects - Ajuga Turkestanica is considered an adaptogen, much like ashwagandha or rhodiola. It supports mental health by helping the body cope with stress and fatigue. It may also help fight inflammation, boost antioxidant status, and improve digestion and immune function, as immunity is compromised when someone is under a lot of stressed and fatigued. Additionally, some evidence suggests it has some hepatoprotective and cardioprotective effects, meaning it supports liver and heart health in part by lowering cholesterol and blood glucose levels.
Turkesterone Benefits for Bodybuilding
- May Help You Put on Muscle Mass - Turkesterone offers a safe alternative to performance-enhancing drugs like anabolic-androgenic steroids—the scary stuff you hear about in gym changing rooms. Ecdysteroids like turkesterone are structurally different from anabolic steroids and therefore work differently, with fewer risks (Article)
- Can Assist in Muscle/Exercise Recovery - The anabolic properties of ajuga turkestanica benefit workout recovery by repairing your muscles after you hit the gym (Article). Turkesterone works its magic particularly well after resistance training, speeding up muscle tissue repair. It has also shown promise in stimulating protein biosynthesis, supporting the theory that it can be an important addition to a well-rounded post-workout regimen (Article).
- May Enhance Exercise Performance - Ecdysteroids can increase ATP synthesis, which helps power muscles, improve endurance and prevent feelings of fatigue. This can translate to more intense workouts and help with building strength and stamina.
Risks and Side Effects
It is clear that turkesterone is an effective drug, but is it safe?
Turkesterone and other ecdysteroids are thought to be safer overall than anabolic steroids, mostly because they don’t bind to androgen receptors, which can cause side effects.
The good news is, turkesterone side effects are uncommon, however it may cause digestive upset such as, nausea, upset stomach, lightheadedness and other digestive issues, especially if you have a history of gastrointestinal issues. Stop taking this supplement if these side effects persist. To avoid these side effects, don’t take it on an empty stomach, and always follow dosage recommendations.
If you feel it’s having a negative effect on your body or you experience symptoms of an allergic reaction while taking this supplement such as shortness of breath or inflammation, stop taking it immediately and seek medical attention.
We recommend taking one capsule during or after a meal. If this is not possible, we recommend at least taking the capsule with a large glass of water.
This is a standard recommendation.
You can slightly adjust the daily dose based on training routines, diet and lifestyle. The recommended intake is based on a body weight of 80 to 100 kg. Ultimately, it is recommended to take at least 5mg of Turkesterone extract, 10% purity, per kg of body weight per day for noticeable results. We recommend building this up within a period of 2 weeks.
Also we advise you to stop taking it for at least 8 weeks after 2 weeks of use to reset your body.
Origin of Ajuga Turkestanica
We know what Turkesterone does, but where does the plant responsible for the extract actually come from? The Ajuga Turkestanica grows only on some remote mountain slopes in Uzbekistan. So this is the only country where this extract can come from. Only a handful of labs are certified and able to make a standardized extract of 10% Turkesterone. Various institutes have unsuccessfully tried several times to grow the plant in Europe and the US. The plant either dies or simply does not produce a quality extract anywhere near to. So you can imagine how difficult and time consuming it is to be able to offer the REAL extract. For this reason, unfortunately, a lot of fake Turkesterone products are marketed. With us you are assured of a real 10% Turkesterone extract originally from Uzbekistan!