Last updated: October 18, 2023
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
To provide the Services, we collect and have collected over the past 12 months personal information about you from a variety of sources, as set out below. The information that we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the Services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
What Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depend on how you interact with our Site and use our Services. When we use the term "personal information," we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. The following sections describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
1. Basic contact details: This includes your name, address, phone number, and email.
2. Order information: Such as your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, and phone number.
3. Account information: Including your username, password, and security questions.
4. Shopping information: This encompasses the items you view, put in your cart, or add to your wishlist.
5. Customer support information: Including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Information We Collect through Cookies
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
1. Companies who support our Site and Services, such as Shopify.
2. Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment in order to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
3. When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Providing Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services in order to perform our contract with you. This includes processing your payments, fulfilling your orders, sending notifications related to your account, purchases, returns, exchanges, or other transactions, maintaining and managing your account, arranging for shipping, facilitating returns and exchanges, and enabling you to post reviews.
Marketing and Advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as sending marketing, advertising, and promotional communications by email, text message, or postal mail, and showing you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
Security and Fraud Prevention. We use your personal information to detect, investigate, or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal, or malicious activity. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
Communicating with You. We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you, provide effective services to you, and maintain our business relationship with you.
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available. Additionally, blocking Cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
How We Disclose Personal Information
Winning Naturals employs the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing and maintaining our Services
- Notifying you about changes to our Services
- Enabling your participation in interactive features of our Services
- Providing customer support or responding to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions
- Personalizing your experience
- Enhancing the content and functionality of our Services
- Developing new products and services
- Monitoring usage patterns and interactions with our Services
- Detecting, preventing, and addressing technical issues
- Preventing fraud, criminal activity, or misuse of our Services, and ensuring the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks
- Authenticating and authorizing your use of the Services
- Complying with legal obligations and processes and safeguarding the rights, privacy, safety, property of Winning Naturals, our affiliates, yourself, or other third parties.
When you sign up to receive text or SMS messages, we will send you information related to marketing, promotional offers, and more. These messages may use information collected automatically based on your actions while on our sites and may include messaging such as cart abandon messages. You can opt out of receiving text or SMS messages at any time by texting “STOP” in response to such messages.
Retention of Data
Disclosure of Data
We may share your Personal Data when we enlist the services of third-party companies and individuals to assist in various aspects of our Services. These third parties may help facilitate our Services, perform functions on our behalf, or aid in analyzing how our Services are used (referred to as "Service Providers").
Such Service Providers may include providers of hosting services, cloud services, information technology services, email communication software, email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management, customer support services, and web analytics services. These parties access, process, or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties as per our instructions.
Specific Service Providers
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google, which tracks and reports website traffic. We employ Google Analytics to monitor and track the use of our Services. This data may be shared with other Google services. Google may utilize this collected data to personalize ads within its advertising network. You may have the option to opt-out of sharing your activity on our Services with Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Winning Naturals may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Winning Naturals may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Winning Naturals
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements
1. With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment, and shipping).
2. With business and marketing partners, including Shopify, to provide services and advertise to you. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
3. When you direct, request us, or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship you products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
4. With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
5. In connection with a business transaction, such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including responding to subpoenas, search warrants, and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
User Generated Content
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user-generated content to any public area of the Services, this content will be public and accessible by anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available, or for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
Third Party Websites and Links
Our Site may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
The Services are not intended to be used by children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information about children. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out below to request that it be deleted.
Security and Retention of Your Information
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee "perfect security." In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances, and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
Right to Opt out of Sale or Sharing or Targeted Advertising. You may have a right to direct us not to "sell" or "share" your personal information or to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes considered to be "targeted advertising," as defined in applicable privacy laws. Please note that if you visit our Site with the Global Privacy Control opt-out preference signal enabled, depending on where you are, we will automatically treat this as a request to opt-out of the "sale" or "sharing" of information for the device and browser that you use to visit the Site.
Right to Limit and/or Opt out of Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You may have a right to direct us to limit our use and/or disclosure of sensitive personal information to only what is necessary to perform the Services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average individual.
Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
Managing Communication Preferences: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
We use Shopify's ad services such as Shopify Audiences to help personalize the advertising you see on third-party websites. To restrict Shopify merchants that use these ad services from using your personal information for such services, visit Shopify's Privacy Control page.